This eight day field study tour can be privately booked for your group with a minimum of 25 participants. The trip begins in the "Historic Triangle" focused on the Christian roots of American government and the inspiring stories of the heroes God used and the miracles He performed to allow for our nation’s birth and survival. Featuring:
- Jamestown Archaeological Site & Jamestown Settlement Village & Museum
- Evening Lantern Tour of Williamsburg with Mrs. Caruso
- A day of Colonial Williamsburg Sites and Events
- Guided Visit to Yorktown Battlefield & the town of Yorktown.
Our last five days are spent in the nation’s capital, where we continue the story of America’s development with particular attention to the individuals used by God to accomplish His purpose. We’ll stand in the places where history turned and see evidence of the biblical roots of America. We’ll also explore the art and architecture of the city and take note of how it reflects the prevailing worldview. My hope is that students finish the tour with enthusiasm for their own role in history and an understanding of their responsibility to apply truth in a way that impacts the culture. Highlights:
- Full Day at Mt. Vernon with private chartered coach transfer
- National Archives (to view our founding documents)
- U.S. Capitol
- Library of Congress
- Supreme Court
- White House (interior tour requested; not always granted)
- National Gallery of Art (American Gallery tour with Mrs. Caruso)
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Evening Hop-on/Hop-off Monuments Tour with Mrs. Caruso on a chartered coach
- METRO transportation in D.C.
- Christian history commentary and ongoing teaching by Mrs. Caruso
WHAT SETS OUR TRIP APART: Families have access to 11 hours of pre-trip video seminars taught by Mrs. Caruso with study packets on foundations, art, architecture, history and worldview. This prepares both students and parents to appreciate the places we'll stand and the experiences we'll share in a much more meaningful way.
Williamsburg-Washington DC: An 8-Day Field Study Tour
About three months prior to departure, I'll send you the links to the video seminar along with your student notesheet packet.