You'll visit exciting places, hear amazing stories, and enjoy some hands-on history as we examine the story of Florida and the fascinating people that God used to bring her from Protestant refuge to Spanish outpost to American state.
If you have a group of TEN -FORTY, pick your dates for this two day tour. (Do e-mail me before registering here to be sure your preferred dates are still available; Day 1 = 9 am - 8:30 pm with breaks for meals/shopping; Day 2= 9 am-12pm)
Smaller groups are totally welcome; I love the "personal touch" this allows! The tour includes:
- A video-based pre-trip seminar for students and parents
On site visits to:
- Mission de Nombre de Dios
- The Oldest House Museum and Map Exhibition
- Colonial Quarter Re-Enactment Village
- Castillo de San Marcos (The Fort at St. Augustine)
- Henry Flagler’s St. Augustine Legacy: The Ponce de Leon Hotel (now Flagler College), Alcazar Hotel & Flagler Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Evening Lantern Tour of historic St. Augustine "under the lights" with stories and descriptions of MANY more of the most famous historic landmarks
You'll need to secure lodging for the night and I'll send you recommendations. If rates are high in the downtown area, consider staying out by I-95 or a short distance from town.
NOTE: This tour can be modified to a one-day experience if that fits your group best. See the $50 listing for that option.
God's Hand In Florida's History: A Two Day St. Augustine Field Study Tour
Once you've registered, I'll send you the links to the video seminar along with your student notesheet packet.