This five day field study tour can be privately booked for your group with a minimum of 25 participants. Our tour of Washington DC explores the Christian roots of American government and the inspiring stories of the heroes God used and the miracles He performed to allow for our nation’s birth and survival. We’ll stand in the places where history turned, literally walk in the "footsteps of greatness," and see for ourselves the evidence of the biblical source of American liberty.
We’ll also explore the art and architecture of the city and take note of how it reflects the prevailing worldview of each era. My hope is that students finish the tour with enthusiasm for their own role in history and an understanding of their responsibility to apply truth in a way that impacts the culture.
A VITAL PART OF WHAT SETS THIS TRIP APART is that families have access to my 15 hour pre-trip video seminar with study packets on foundations, art, architecture, history and worldview. This background material allows both students and parents to appreciate the places we'll stand and the experiences we'll share in a much more meaningful way. You'll also have access to a separate website curated by me with links to relevant books, movies and digital resources that also help prepare you for the trip.
- Full Day at Mt. Vernon with private chartered coach transfer
- National Archives (to view our founding documents)
- U.S. Capitol
- Library of Congress
- Supreme Court
- White House & Lafayette Park (interior tour requested; not always granted)
- National Gallery of Art (American Gallery tour with Mrs. Caruso)
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Evening Hop-on/Hop-off Monuments Tour with Mrs. Caruso on a chartered coach
- METRO transportation in D.C.
- Christian history commentary and ongoing teaching by Mrs. Caruso
Washington DC: A 5-Day Field Study Tour
Once you've registered, I'll send you the links to the video seminar along with your student notesheet packet.